Religious Education Curriculum
As part of the Lismore Diocese, St. Agnes’ uses the curriculum documents created in the Archdiocese of Sydney. The Diocese of Armidale and the Diocese of Wollongong also use this curriculum. This is supported by the resource ‘To Know, Worship and Love’ which was produced by the Archdiocese of Melbourne and the Understanding Faith online resource, which is produced locally. In the Lismore Diocese we use Scripture (Luke 24:13-35) in detail, connecting the curriculum, catechesis and pedagogy of the classroom to the elements of the Emmaus story.
At St. Agnes’, our Religious Education curriculum provides a consistent and rigorous approach that matches the other Key Learning Areas. The teaching time allocated per week to Religious Education is 2.5 hours.
- Curriculum Content Overview 3-6
- Curriculum Content Overview K-2
- Introduction to the 3-6 RE Curriculum
- Introduction to the K-2 RE Curriculum
- NSW Foundation Statements for RE K-6
- Scripture Overview K-2
- Scripture Overview 3-6
- Elements of a Quality RE Classroom